West Catholic Community:
We hope everyone is enjoying a fun and safe summer. It is hard to believe that the start of the Fall sports practices will begin within a couple of weeks! Here are some important things that everyone will need to know.
FALL SPORTS PHYSICALS:
- All student athletes MUST have a physical dated after April 15, 2017, in order to participate/try out for any sport in the 2017-2018 school year.
- Click HERE for the MHSAA Physical Form Download
ITEMS TURNED IN BEFORE FIRST PRACTICE:
- Physical Completed – MHSAA Physical Form Download
- Concussion Awareness Form – Concussion Awareness Form Download
- Academically Eligible – must be confirmed by Athletic Office
- All forms must be on file in the Athletic Office
**IMPORTANT** A COACH WILL NOT LET A STUDENT ATHLETE TRYOUT, PRACTICE, OR PARTICIPATE UNLESS THE ABOVE HAS BEEN TURNED IN!
FALL SPORT START DATES:
Football practices begin Monday, August 7, and all other fall sports begin Wednesday, August 9. This fall we will again be offering boys and girls cross country, boys soccer, girls swimming, girls golf, boys tennis, volleyball, football, and sideline cheer. Specific practice times will be communicated by coaches to students who have expressed interest.
FALCON ATHLETIC KICKOFF NIGHT:
All athletes planning on participating in athletics this year at West are expected to attend our athlete/parent meeting.
Monday, August 14 – 7pm @ WCHS
We are excited to bring in Nick Davidson, Aquinas College Athletic Director, as a guest speaker to discuss a variety of topics.
Join us for this informative meeting and kick off to the year!